D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[4e] Confessions: "The Down & Under Adventurer"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: [4e] Confessions: "The Down & Under Adventurer" Reply with quote

I wanted to call this thread "Confessions of a Full-Time Retard," but the software won't let me make a title that long and also include the title of the actual article. Oh, well.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drcw/20080215a

The whole damn thing is worthless save for these few paragraphs at the end:

Quote:
Probably the most important tool I can get my hands on is a staff of defense[...]

Any old wizard could use an ordinary implement to focus her spells, but an enchanted implement is handier than a collapsible java press. Should Tabitha be sporting one of these charming bad boys, she’d get an enhancement bonus on her attack and damage rolls with her arcane powers. Should I be sporting one of these—well—I’d probably be playing a wizard in a D&D campaign. It’s too bad, because the staff can double as a weapon. Should one of those sneaky-ass crocodiles, clingy stingers or disemboweling koala bears (no, really?) get all up in my business, I’d gain a +1 to my Armor Class (which right now is -3 thanks to a wind resistant jacket and a couple year’s worth of kickboxing classes – and yes, -3 is an improvement).

I snipped out most of the bullshit, but there's a little left in there. Anyway, even this isn't all that much info, but I guess it's something. And nobody has to read the actual article now. My good deed for the day!

-Will
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: [4e] Confessions: "The Down & Under Adventurer& Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Quote:
Probably the most important tool I can get my hands on is a staff of defense[...]

I snipped out most of the bullshit...

Oh, no you don't! That ellipsis only forces me to wonder what stupid manner of drivel was cut out!

In fact, before I do something that'll force me to take a drill to my brain in an attempt to unread something, let's just make a game out of it. Without actually hurting yourself by reading the article, let's see how close the rest of us can come to the tortured simile, tired allusion to Vogue magazine-inspired womanocity, or other sort of "joke" she wrote.

Ahem.

Probably the most important tool I can get my hands on is a staff of defense, which, unlike what you might think, has nothing to do with our nation's hunky coastguards. Rowrrr!

Your turn! Wink
Will

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: [4e] Confessions: "The Down & Under Adventurer& Reply with quote

Glammo wrote:
Probably the most important tool I can get my hands on is a staff of defense, which, unlike what you might think, has nothing to do with our nation's hunky coastguards. Rowrrr!

Your turn! Wink

Probably the most important tool I can get my hands on is a staff of defense, if you know what I mean, and I think you do! Slurp slurp!

-Will
izzat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It slices. It dices. It even makes jullienne fries!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit the group! Mush saved teh brian...oh noews1!! 2 l@t3......
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait... so it's...

Quote:
Probably the most important tool I can get my hands on is a staff of defense, I quit the group! Mush saved teh brian...oh noews1!! 2 l@t3.

...I don't get it.

Oh, because you couldn't get the staff of defense in time to save you from a mind flayer? I guess that makes sense. Yeah, I kinda like that. I bit artsy, a bit of a "make the reader infer it" type of deal.

But what does Shelly mean when she says, "I quit the group"? Is she trying to "retire" her character right before her PC dies? Or is it deeper than that? Maybe it's an example of existential anguish or ontilogical uncertainty? Perhaps by "quitting the group," we can all take a moment to reflect on things.

...Nik FTW.
Will

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glammo wrote:
But what does Shelly mean when she says, "I quit the group"?

I have to think she's saying, in her own way, "I WANT NEW PARTYYYYYY!"

Or am I just projecting?

Wink

-Will
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no no no! I nik, quit the group because I am in fear of ruining my brain because of all the Shelly talk, but it's too late because in mid sentence my brain breaks and I realize it and am sad.

Shelly is to DnD what Umaga is to wrestling.
Will

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, okay...so are you marrying Umaga, or Shelly? Shelly's way hotter, but Umaga provides more intellectually stimulating conversation. That's a tough choice. Well, whichever way you go, I'm 100% behind you, big guy! Go get 'em!

-Will Wink
Glammo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Shelly's way hotter, but Umaga provides more intellectually stimulating conversation.

...may I?

Fuckin' BAM!!!!

Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: