D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Price of Immortality] The Characters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
izzat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: [Price of Immortality] The Characters Reply with quote

What is the deal with your character?

(I bet a Coke/Coke Zero that Noah does not post his character bio.)
GNOME

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Hal Cherry Reply with quote

Hal is a really nice (albeit self-hating) gnome who loves the humans in his town enough that they almost always don't throw things at him and some condescend quite enthusiastically! The town's humans see Hal as one of the "good" gnomes, unlike that inscrutably weird Myred - and Hal wants desperately to agree. But he's been tormented by his love for the humans who _aren't_ assholes but act like it, _all the time._

Unbeknownst to anyone, a priest of Razmir came through town a while back and gave him the Harry Lime schtick: "Governments don't care about people, why should we - they have the people and the proletariat, I have the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing - they have their five year plans and I have mine! I still believe in god and mercy and all that but the dead are happier dead - they don't miss much here, poor devils." Hal took this cynical garbage to heart and is now, in his lawful goodness, functionally chaotic evil: Because the dead are happier dead, and because the more you have the more power you have to hurt people (and the less of an excuse you have for doing so), he will rob and kill as many good people as he can, to keep them good, and help them not act like assholes all the time.

Hal's fellow members of the party _are_ assholes, in the sense that they behave like everything was just a game somehow and other people aren't real. They're, like, practically gnomes, and one of them actually is one! So Hal really has no interest in killing or impoverishing them at all, but is motivated overall by an earnest, piously despairing wish to be deserving of the good honest townsfolk he really likes and burn them all to a crisp as soon as he's positioned to, and figures out how. He's currently quite depressed that he wasn't even able to kill that nice lady's cat!

Razmir, if He's watching any of this, is presumably as disgusted with His goody-two-shoes oracle as everyone is who thinks Hal's so anally-retentive for Erastis; but it's a new, modern spin on things and maybe He's interested in how it works out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Kingmaker All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: