D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PC Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Will



Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 395
Location: This Very Ring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd feel a lot more strongly about favored classes in PF if they were more than just little bonuses. +1 hp/level or +1 skill point/level just isn't that big a deal. The difference in power between a fighter/rogue with rogue as a favored class vs. one without rogue as a favored class seems negligible to me.

In other words, I'm right and you're wrong and hahahahahahalolz! Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quakemonkey



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 246
Location: at 4e's house, drinkin tea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wrote:
I'd feel a lot more strongly about favored classes in PF if they were more than just little bonuses. +1 hp/level or +1 skill point/level just isn't that big a deal. The difference in power between a fighter/rogue with rogue as a favored class vs. one without rogue as a favored class seems negligible to me.

In other words, I'm right and you're wrong and hahahahahahalolz! Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow


Bleh, you don't know what you are talking about. Your argument proves my point, it's not a big deal so why not give all characters the slight bonus instead of just a few. Also just because something seems negligible to you, doesn't mean it is! Also, Bam! shut yo bitch mouth Will! Also see my 2nd update sucka!

*****Update*****
Also you're probably right!@

I added this last bit right after posting and didn't mark it as an update, so maybe you missed it Will while you were typing up your nasty reply below!


Last edited by quakemonkey on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Will



Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 395
Location: This Very Ring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe...you also said "Having favored classes based on race does not balance the game at all, it instead makes certain race/class combinations more powerful than others and in fact imbalances things." Which I don't think it does, in this incarnation.

You also said that favored classes should be about the individual character, rather than the race. Which is all well and good, but that means essentially removing favored classes, not changing them. It wouldn't be overpowering to just give all PCs +1 hp or skill point/level, but by the same token, it's not unbalancing to do it the way it currently is in PF.

Also, YAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!!

Also, hugz!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quakemonkey



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 246
Location: at 4e's house, drinkin tea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Hehehe...you also said "Having favored classes based on race does not balance the game at all, it instead makes certain race/class combinations more powerful than others and in fact imbalances things." Which I don't think it does, in this incarnation.

You also said that favored classes should be about the individual character, rather than the race. Which is all well and good, but that means essentially removing favored classes, not changing them. It wouldn't be overpowering to just give all PCs +1 hp or skill point/level, but by the same token, it's not unbalancing to do it the way it currently is in PF.

Also, YAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!!

Also, hugz!!


Yeah so what if I did say those things?!? It's not my fault you aren't getting my point! Call me rabbit!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Glammo



Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 453
Location: Finding paths and breakin' hearts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Will on this until Paizo issues a directive which I will zombie obey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quakemonkey



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 246
Location: at 4e's house, drinkin tea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glammo wrote:
I'm with Will on this until Paizo issues a directive which I will zombie obey.


Me too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
izzat



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 276
Location: Will's living room

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rule comes from Joel's game, and while he never cited it, he played using the most recent incarnation of the rules. That said, I have never found the post where Jason B or anyone else said the change was being made.
_________________
Thomas
Work Safe is for the timid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Will



Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 395
Location: This Very Ring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, some Qs for my character:
  1. I can has Shoanti as a free language?
  2. I can has Eschew Materials as a bonus feat like sorcerer?
  3. I can has same starting gold as fighter, ranger, & paladin, since that's how it worked out in 3.5e?

Also, my guess at the new beguiler skill list, based on what it had before:

(6 skill points/level)
Acrobatics
Appraise
Bluff
Climb
Diplomacy
Disable Device
Disguise
Escape Artist
Knowledge (arcana)
Knowledge (local)
Linguistics
Perception
Profession
Sense Motive
Sleight of Hand
Spellcraft
Stealth
Swim
Use Magic Device

If you don't agree to the above, I'll have Nik tell you why you're wrong and should give me everything I want. Just let me know!

Thanks,

-Will Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quakemonkey



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 246
Location: at 4e's house, drinkin tea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you bastard! you tell me I shouldn't get one extra skill point and then you have the nerve to ask for all this free stuff!@!!!! Outrage!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Mike let me know if you don't agree with Will's requests and I'll let you know why you should.

Also I got my 4e books today : ) and they is beautiful!

Long live Pathfinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
quakemonkey



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 246
Location: at 4e's house, drinkin tea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzat wrote:
The rule comes from Joel's game, and while he never cited it, he played using the most recent incarnation of the rules. That said, I have never found the post where Jason B or anyone else said the change was being made.


Do you know who these people are Mike? Does this change anything? Give me give me give me : ) : ) : ) : )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Glammo



Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Posts: 453
Location: Finding paths and breakin' hearts

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will wrote:
Mike, some Qs for my character:
  1. I can has Shoanti as a free language?
  2. I can has Eschew Materials as a bonus feat like sorcerer?
  3. I can has same starting gold as fighter, ranger, & paladin, since that's how it worked out in 3.5e?
  1. I think Shoanti do get Shoanti as a bonus language anyway, so , yes.
  2. Hmm... Idunno. Sorcerers are pure casters with spontaneous casting. Bards are rogue-like with spontaneous casting. Beguiler's are rogue-like with spontaneous casting. Bard's don't get the free Eschew Materials feat. I'm thinking, no, on the Eschew Materials. If that logic doesn't work, then it's because then I'll have to get Nik something for free! Razz
  3. Yes
Also, okay on the skill list.


quakemonkey wrote:
Do you know who these people are Mike? Does this change anything?

No, it doesn't not! I do not know who this "Joel" is, but I can only assume that he is the Joel from Mystery Science Theather 3K and I prefer Mike Nelson, so VETO!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
izzat



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 276
Location: Will's living room

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I didn't mention, but Joel ran Schaumburg 4E. Jason B is Jason Buhlman, who is spearheading Pathfinder's development.
_________________
Thomas
Work Safe is for the timid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quakemonkey



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 246
Location: at 4e's house, drinkin tea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you messing around Thomas? Also, you're fired!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Will



Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 395
Location: This Very Ring

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glammo wrote:
Hmm... Idunno. Sorcerers are pure casters with spontaneous casting. Bards are rogue-like with spontaneous casting. Beguiler's are rogue-like with spontaneous casting. Bard's don't get the free Eschew Materials feat. I'm thinking, no, on the Eschew Materials. If that logic doesn't work, then it's because then I'll have to get Nik something for free! Razz

Nik! Sic 'im!

Yeah, okay. I'll just take the feat the hard way. Thanks!

-Will!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
izzat



Joined: 23 Oct 2006
Posts: 276
Location: Will's living room

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quakemonkey wrote:
Are you messing around Thomas? Also, you're fired!


I pity the fool who messes around me! They're lucky they're just being fired!
_________________
Thomas
Work Safe is for the timid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group