D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

House Rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: House Rules Reply with quote

Character Generation

Ability Scores (Purchase)
Each character receives 20 points to spend on increasing his basic attributes. All attributes start at a base of 10. A character can increase an individual score by spending some of his points. Likewise, he can gain more points to spend on other scores by decreasing one or more of his ability scores. No score can be reduced below 7 or raised above 18. See the table below for the costs of each score.

Code:
Ability Score Costs

Score    Points
  ---------------
    7        -4
    8        -2
    9        -1
   10         0
   11         1
   12         2
   13         3
   14         5
   15         7
   16        10
   17        13
   18        17

Starting Hit Points (Flat)
Maximum hit points for 1st level plus your Constitution modifier and any other bonuses. In addition, each character receives 6 bonus hit points.

Starting Character Wealth (Average)
Each character begins play with the average amount of starting gold piece values by class that they can spend on weapons, armor, and other equipment. See the table below for the average gp.

Code:
Starting Character Wealth

Class       Wealth (gp)
 -----------------------
 Barbarian      105
 Bard           105
 Cleric         140
 Druid           70
 Fighter        175
 Monk            35
 Paladin        175
 Ranger         175
 Rogue          140
 Sorcerer        70
 Wizard          70

Character Traits
Pick one Campaign Trait (see pages 14-16 Curse of the Crimson Throne Player's Guide) and one Basic Trait (see pages 9-14 of the Pathfinder Companion: Second Darkness or the Pathfinder Character Traits Web Enhancement). If you want to make up your own trait, tell me what you have in mind and I'll adjudicate it with my patented DM's discretion.

Races

1. Whisper gnomes' silence spell-like ability affects only the square they occupy.

Skills

1. Characters receive 1 free skill point every level to spend on one "inessential" skill. "Inessential" is subject to DM's discretion, but craft, profession, and perform (for non-bards) are good examples.
2. Knowledge: You may retry a failed Knowledge check if you find a way to raise your modifier for the Knowledge skill in question (e.g. by receiving a circumstance bonus through access of a library).

Feats

1. Characters receive a background trait at first level having to do with your life in Korvosa as a youth. Please see the CotCT Player's Guide for more information.
2. Dodge (and similar abilities) now provides a simple dodge bonus to AC, no need to designate an opponent get to activate it. For any non-Pathfinder effects that piggyback off the old Dodge feat mechanic of designating an opponent, you must still, during your action, designate an opponent to benefit from any additional effects granted. You can select a new opponent on any action.
(Example: The Elusive Target feat from Complete Warrior would require a player designate an opponent to benefit from the granted effects, though the Dodge feat itself provides a constant +1 dodge bonus to AC against all opponents).

Equipment

1. Players do not need to track mundane ammunition. Masterwork and magical ammunition should be tracked as normal.
2. Encumbrance of carried inventory is largely ignored. I'll trust you to keep it real. However, if carrying especially heavy objects, the normal penalties will be considered based on a character's strength score.

Game World

I'm not going to enforce this, but please read the Curse of the Crimson Throne Player's Guide thoroughly. I may even buy additional physical copies. Know what a Korvosa is! Come on! It's a free download! Come on! ...come on.

Last edited by Glammo on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 24 times in total
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the Sanctified Summoner's hit die should be 1dπ. I'll take average, promise!!!
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day moderator child abuse!!! Wee!!
Will

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two can play at that game, sir!

Mike, I've always loved you. Let's run away and together and play high stakes pachinko!
Will

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like you can see into my very soul. <3
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one messes with my posts!!!! Moderator or not! Will makes me moderator of everything!!!!! DO IT!!!!!!!

please...: ) : ) : ) : ) : )( : ( : ( : ( : ( :...and stuff
Will

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 Questions, my good sir:

1. What HP rules are we using?
  2. As a human sorcerer (who is not proficient in shields), if I take my human bonus martial weapon proficiency in the klar (which is a Shoanti weapon, right?), can I still make use of the AC bonus it grants? I'd guess not, but I thought I'd check.

Thanks!
Glammo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Flat: Maximum hit points for 1st level plus your Constitution modifier and any other bonuses. In addition, each character receives 6 bonus hit points.

2. Without the shield proficiency feat, you still get the AC bonus, but you take the shield’s armor check penalty on attack rolls and on all skill checks that involve moving, including Ride checks.
BUT, since when using the klar as a weapon, you lose it's AC bonus anyway so I'm thinking the penalty shouldn't really apply to the attack roll. So really, it's just adding the armor check penalty to Ride checks...

Screw it. For a Shoanti, weapon proficiency in the klar means you get shield proficiency (only with the klar).

Keep in mind your sorcerer still takes a 5% arcane spell failure unless you have some means of negating it.
Will

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaaaaaaay!

Now I have to figure out if that's really the weapon I want to go for. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: