D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Killjoy Cooking With the Dungeons & Dragons Crowd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Killjoy Cooking With the Dungeons & Dragons Crowd Reply with quote

Awesome.
izzat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit, Lore Sj÷berg! You ripped off our Capture the Ducklings gag!

NIK RAGE!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL its so true! Gamers really do need to get out! haha

Its kinda sad that ppl can't get over what's in a book, when I was a kid we didn't care about version or rules or "official", we just did what we wanted. That was a great article. I'm sure ppl flipped out when 2nd edition came out, i was just too young to notice or care, not to mention that the internet was just a baby too.
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine an authoritative cookbook that requires a whole new set of pots and pans that somehow make the old ones obsolete. And imagine you don't like the taste of the new recipes. I mean, yeah, so what, stick with the old book but... the newer stuff will be supported and you'll feel left out. Anyway, if editions of cookbooks were that industry-changing, I'm sure there'd be plenty of catty arguments on "The View" or something that would actually represent a sample of a larger demographic.

Variations on recipes don't change the related industry (like what "3rd parties" do with vegetables or utensils). New D&D editions do change things around. There's a fear that many people will break away to play 4e (the "official" D&D) and those sticking with 3e will find fewer people and feel left out.

I mean, I don't care either way, because there's always Paizo. Very Happy
But without Paizo's decision, I was a bit resentful myself since I was worried my 3e collection would go to waste. Also, I like what Paizo is doing. Some people may not.

Anyway, the article is funny as a farce, but it's not an effective argument against people raging about the edition change. Then again, modern satire is usually just scurrilous and rarely creates well-founded arguments since a lot of it boils down to a farceful reductio ad absurdum.
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way your collection would go to waste is if you decided to stop using it. You have so much material there, that you really would never run out of material to use, and if you some how did, then by that time you would have gotten more than your moneys worth. Adventures are free, so if you run out of those, no edition of the game is going to be of use to you.

So you're wrong...and forum nerds are stupid.
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: