D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Apes of Wrath, or the Story of Fern and Archimedes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: The Apes of Wrath, or the Story of Fern and Archimedes Reply with quote

OK, here's what I've got so far, but it's not set in stone, and it's just kind of an idea. If anyone else has ideas, let me know.

Quote:
Once upon a time, there was a gnome who called herself Fern. She was a druid, very willful and free-spirited, and loved all things green. She was a happy druid, until the day her druidic circle disappeared. She was out gathering, as hunter-gatherers do (she was never much of a hunter, herself), and when she returned, there was nothing but an empty encampment.

One day, while sulking in the forest, she came upon a gorilla. The gorilla was very sad, because he had been ostracized from his troop, as he was a bit of a runt - the littlest gorilla. Of course, his troop consisting of apes as much as seven feet tall, this meant he was of rather normal size, but this is immaterial to the tale.

Fern, knowing what it was to be lonely, took pity on the gorilla (who, she learned, was named Archimedes), and became his friend. The two were inseparable during their subsequent wandering.

During one such wander through a wood, Fern and Archimedes heard quite the ruckus! They hid in the thicket and watched as four Shoanti dragged a fifth into a small clearing. The fifth Shoanti was smaller than the others, and was in awful shape, all bruises and blood. The men with him laughed as they threw him on the ground. They kicked him and spat on him as he lay there helplessly. They were having a jolly good time of it, until Archimedes decided he had seen enough. The Shoanti, wisely, fled.

After they'd gone, Fern and Archimedes found that the Shoanti boy - they could see now he was only about fifteen years of age - was unconscious. Fern had little knowledge of the Shoanti, but what she did know told her to keep her distance from them...but she couldn't leave him like that. She used her magic to heal his wounds, and she and Archimedes returned to hiding.

She quickly grew fascinated with the Shoanti boy. When he awoke, he picked himself up off the ground and stalked off with such fierce determination that she felt almost guilty at her own sulking following the loss of her circle. After all, this boy's tribe didn't just disappear - they turned on him! Fern was duly impressed.

She followed him on his adventures and misadventures, secretly lending a hand when she could, always hiding, never wanting him to know she was there, lest she wound his pride. But as she watched him grow closer to the friends he had made in Korvosa - his new tribe, his new circle, his new troop - she desired more and more to truly meet him, and for him to be as much her friend as she was his.

NOT AT ALL THE END.

Eh?

Did you know "troop" is the word used to refer to a tribe of gorillas? Neither did I!

-Will!

Last edited by Will on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just imagining Manthan sitting there quietly, listening to every word in awe.

Good shit.

Oh, and I thought it a company of gorillas, but... eh. Same difference. Maybe it was chimps.
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought gorillas formed corporations...oh well, wrong again : (

I likey likey the story. GJ d00d.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: