D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yuna, eat your heart out!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: Yuna, eat your heart out! Reply with quote

http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/drcact/20100315
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is reminding me of that Sanctified Summoner class Nik and I were making... at least flavorwise.

The article mentions how D&D casters are tooling around with random creatures from other planes, pulling possibly unfriendly types out of their day-to-day business into servitude. The chagrin of the summons isn't played out enough, I think.

Now it makes me think some summoners (our sanctified summoners, for example) could make some sort of pact with the divine or their agents, summoning only "contracted" creatures who are assigned for this sort of on-call duty. Maybe this would be another way gods can have mortal agents on earth carrying out their will and agenda or somesuch.
Will

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, totally...that makes perfect sense. You wouldn't even have to make all such pacts divine...maybe the wizard made a pact with some other power, a demonic devil or diabolical demon or some such. Cool stuff. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: