D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hybrid Classes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Hybrid Classes Reply with quote

The DnD Character Creator now supports the hybrid class thingy or at least the first half of it.
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hybrid Classes Reply with quote

quakemonkey wrote:
The DnD Character Creator now supports the hybrid class thingy or at least the first half of it.

Excellent! thanks for the heads up!!

I messed around just a bit and I like the option of hybrids, but they really are hybrids. They don't really fill any one particular role as well as non-hybrid or multi-class characters do. This is fine though, since they do allow you to really blend two classes together and end up with something that hasn't been possible yet in 4e (and also cuz they aren't suppose to anyhow). Maybe a hybrid using classes of the same roles would be just as good as a non-hybrid of the same role.

I think you just need to have an idea of what kinda character you are looking to make. Probably best to have a strong concept first or already have the other roles mostly filled.

Maybe an entire group of em could manage, but maybe not.
Glammo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I can test it.

I'll subscribe to DDI right before the price increase. Wink
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO IT!!!!!

*Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake, Fist Shake*
izzat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I timed it to the best of my ability, and Nik's post resulted in 12.5 seconds of fist shaking.

Is their any point to combining two classes with the same role? The bard's leadership (pissing off enemies) differs from the Warlord's leadership (rallies allies). Maybe being able to draw from both resources can make a more rounded character.

What I'm trying to say, although only Nik will understand, is that 4E needs more gold cards.
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzat wrote:
What I'm trying to say, although only Nik will understand, is that 4E needs more gold cards.

Yea!!! I get it : )

I guess the only point would be if you wanted some powers from two different classes of the same role, but didn't wanna wait to get enough multi-class feats to do it.

The way it works is you pick one at-will from each class, a daily from only one and an encounter power from only one (this is for a 1st level character of course). You get a combination of each classes HP, Healing Surges, etc., but each class gives you less then the full class would. So if you were a fighter/paladin you might get 3 HP per level from fighter and maybe 4 from paladin (i made these numbers up, i'm to lazy to look up what you actually get....wait a min. I'll just download the pdfs and send them to the group, booya! Stupid me should have done this from the get go...)
Will

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glammo wrote:
I wish I can test it.

I'll subscribe to DDI right before the price increase. Wink

Heads up -- you have one week left!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh noes!!!

I wonder if I can renew my subscription like 6 months in advance?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: