D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chirard Moll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glammo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Chirard Moll Reply with quote

Quote:
Chirard joined the martial arm of Abadar, the very backbone of law and civilization. Although fairly adept with sword and shield, the city could not afford as many of Abadar's warriors as it had, and Chirard had to select a different field to earn his keep. He rechristened himself in the Lawkeeper's Wing, and serves as an advocate.

Given the ties between the Korvosan Guard and Abadar, Field Marshall Cressida Kroft has probably contacted your high priest to offer you and other Abadar's warriors a few temporary, specialized jobs, depending on your skills and abilities. Of course, since the character's mechanics aren't laid out yet, we can leave this pretty open-ended for now.

If you haven't already, feel free to read the article on Abadar in Seven Days to the Grave (Pathfinder 8) for more information on the faith.

Quote:
The eldest Moll, Chelton, works for the Korvosan bureaeucracy.

Chirard's older brother can probably be one of the "bureaucratic underlings" of one of the magistrates (see Pg. 35-36 of the Guide to Korvosa).
izzat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I politely but firmly decline Cressida's offer, and chide her for trying to union-bust in a city with no unions.

I think Chelton should work for Garrick Tann, who is mentioned in every piece about Korvosa, just to mention how much people hate him.
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The high priest's brow furrows as he begins to point out the logical flaw in your chiding, but after a second, realizes it better to move on to the next soldier.

Garrick Tann FTW!
izzat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrick Tann will save the world. He's really Blackjack, isn't he?
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackjack? By whatever do you mean? Blackjack hasn't been seen in nigh on a long time years...
izzat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much does Chirard take home as a lawyer? Or should I just figure out how much it costs to live and eat in East Shore for a month and call it that?

How deep should we go into his family? Chirard and Chardir wouldn't interact with the other Dock families on a day-t-day basis, but the rest of their family would.
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

izzat wrote:
How much does Chirard take home as a lawyer? Or should I just figure out how much it costs to live and eat in East Shore for a month and call it that?

Well, because it's a game, and we don't want you piling in cash right away, we'd have to roll for it.

Normally, you'd make more than enough to eat and reside in East Shore. I imagine you had plenty of comforts or socials or dalliances or what have you to spend money on. Until this point, you pretty much have what the starting gold gives you for on-hand equipment. You're family probably has nicer things, but you couldn't sell them unless you take a hit to your reputation and alignment.

During the game, if it comes to that, we can use the Profession rules, maybe with a bonus on money-making checks because of your noble heritage (that is, you'd make more money than a middle class professional). Compared to what you'll get while adventuring, it'll be nothing, but... Idunno. You don't know that yet. Wink

Quote:
How deep should we go into his family? Chirard and Chardir wouldn't interact with the other Dock families on a day-t-day basis, but the rest of their family would.

I think it's up to you. Is your family very social or more reserved? Do they deal with only neighboring families or do the seek out friends (or even rivalries) with others across the way? How ambitious are they?
izzat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of gameplay, I'm fine if we ignore it. We can even explain it by saying any leftover cash he would have is tied up in investments.

As for the family, I think they're probably more ambitious than a family of their size would (should) be. They take great pains to do everything the traditional way, and while I pulled "343rd in line to the crown" out of thin air, he belongs to a family that sat down and figured that out.

He and Chirard are a little removed from this mindset. They have a family, but they belong to their faiths. They've probably been dragged into house matters before, and could again, if Moll needs additional prompting to do whatever stupid thing Nic Logue decides is the most reasonable course of action.
Glammo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic Logue 4EVA!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> Curse of the Crimson Throne All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: