D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index D&D Heroes Forums
Web forums for our little corner of the gamingverse

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Player's Handbook 2 - 4 teh win!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Player's Handbook 2 - 4 teh win! Reply with quote

Player's Handbook 2 makes me happy. Here's a brief list of what it is:

New Races: (all the races seem pretty cool to me and their Racial Powers are nice as well, but seem inline with what's come before. At first glance at least).
- Deva: Immortal spirits who embody virtue, born and reborn to mortal life in the world, +2 Int, +2 Wis, favors Avenger, Cleric, Invoker, and WIZAAAD!
- Gnome: Slight, sly tricksters of the Gehaywil...errr I mean Feywild who excel at avoiding notice (not gehay, I just couldn't resist), +2 Int, +2 Chr, favors Bard, Sorcerer, Warlock, and WIZAAAD!
- Goliath: Tribal nomads of awesomeness and the mountains, strong as the rock and proud as the peak, +2 str, +2 con, favors Barbarian, Fighter, and Warden.
- Half-Orc: Fierce warriors who combine human resolve with orc savagery, born of rape or something, +2 str, +2 dex, favors Barbarian, Fighter, Ranger, and Rogue.
- Shifter: Ferocious heirs of the wild, the perfect fusion of civilized race and wild beast, +2 str, +2 wis, favors Druid, Fighter, Ranger, and Warden (which sounds gehay according to Mike. I thought the same thing at first, but I just got my suck up check from Wizards and now the the name sounds awesome!)

Some Racial Paragon Paths, one for each race it looks like.

New Classes:
- Avenger: Striker (lean towards controller as secondary role), Divine power source, cloth armor, simple melee, military melee, simple ranged, +1 fort, ref, and will. Key abilities: Wis, Dex, Int. Scary divine assissin types.
- Barbarian: Striker (use two handers, lean towards either defender or leader as secondary role), Primal power source, cloth, leather, hide armor, simple melee, military melee, +2 fort, Key abilities: Str, Con, Chr. Big scary damage dealers that can rage and make mean faces at people.
- Bard: Leader (lean towards controller as a secondary role), Arcane power source, cloth, leather, hide, chainmail armor and light shield, simple melee, longsword, scimitar, short sword, simple ranged, military ranged, +1 ref and will, Key abilities: Chr, Int, Con. Use spells to inspire and invigorate allies as wells as control combat. Can take multi-class feats from more than one class.
- Druid: Controller (lean towards leader or striker as a secondary role), Primal power source, cloth, leather, hide armor, simple melee, simple ranged, +1 ref and will, Key abilities: Wis, Dex, Con. Use beast form to control at close range and humanoid form to hinder opponents from a distance. Can wild shape as a minor action at will. Also I like the signature druid art work. She's cool.
- Invoker: Controller (lean towards leader or striker as a secondary role), Divine power source, cloth, leather, hide, chainmail armor, simple melee, simple ranged, +1 fort, ref, and will, Key abilities: Wis, Con, Int. Angry control freak blaster cleric maybe?
- Shaman: Leader (lean towards defender or striker as a secondary role), Primal power source, cloth, leather, simple melee and longspear, +1 fort and will, Key abilities: Wis, Con, Int. Uses spirit companion to bolster and heal nearby allies and evoke other spirits to aid you allies and harm foes.
- Sorcerer: Striker (lean towards controller as a secondary role), Arcane power source, cloth, simple melee and simple ranged, +2 will, Key abilities: Chr, Dex, Str. Chose either dragon bloodline or wild magic build (both seem cool, but I personally have always liked wild magic and disliked being a dragon). Bang bang roar roar!!!!
- Warden: Defender (lean towards controller or striker as a secondary role), Primal power source, cloth, leahter, hide armor and light shield, heavy shield, simple melee, military melee, and simple ranged, +1 fort and will, Key abilities: Str, Con, Wis. Stay off my land or I'll turn into a bestial or treelike form and smash you good! Also I'm good and marking a bunch of adjacent suckers at once!

A chapter on Character Options, which covers:
- Backgrounds: with DM consent select one of the following background benefits: +2 to checks with skill associated with chosen background or add skill associated with chosen background to your class's skill list before you shoose your trained skills or choose one language connect to your backround or if you are using a campaign setting that offers regional benefits then gain a regional benefit. This section has a lot of fluff info to help you flesh out your character. General backgrounds and racial. Durr durr I likes, I likes.
- Feats: more feats, mostly for new races and classes.
- Adventuring Gear: more gear, ie magic items and stuff, mostly more magic items though.
- Rituals: more rituals.

And finally an Appendix of Rule Updates (about 5 pages):
- Reading Powers: Covers reading of powers, including new stuff since the core books such as Conjuration, Polymorph, Summoned Creatures, Teleportaion (not new I know), and much much more!
- New Stealth Rules: Covers bluff, Stealth, and Perception.

Raep bot is pleased....
Will

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLEEP BLOP BLORP!
Glammo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum! O, how I miss ye!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea! go forum!
Will

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nik, your new avatar = win.

Futhuthuthuth!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnk u berry mutch. furf addjun twas big influwences!
Glammo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is win.

I'm playing a Deva Invoker!!!

Or maybe human. Don't know yet.
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Assimar!!! errr Aasimar!!! err Deva!!!!!!

RAWSIMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Glammo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devas are NOT aasimars!!!!!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!! ::slaps face::

Anyway, I really do think this book brings 4th edition together as a system. When it first came out, 4e was sorta... lean. Now it's robust! Yays!
Will

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!! d02 know no limit!!!!1 Futhathithan!!!!!!!!
quakemonkey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'S CONCOUR$ERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    D&D Heroes Forums Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: